Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fourth-Century Christianity: a valuable online resource


Last Saturday, I received in the mail Dr. Joseph T. Lienhard's, Contra Marcellum: Marcellus of Ancyra and Fourth-Century Theology. I wanted a copy of this book for sometime, but its $59.95 retail price kept me from purchasing it; that is, until recently, when I discovered that the price has been substantially reduced (now as low as $11.86).

I am about half-way through the book, and have been cross-referencing the numerous references as best I can. While engaged in this effort, I discovered a very valuable online resource:


The site has a number of resources for the student of patristics, including an English translation of the majority of the extant fragments of Marcellus of Ancyra important work, Against Asterius:


This online resource has proved to be an invaluable supplement to my reading of Dr. Lienhard's tome, which I hope to finish this week. I suspect others will benefit greatly from what the site has to offer.


Grace and peace,

David

No comments: